This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse manager is discussing the blame-free environment in place at the organization with new ... (Read 22 times)

geoffrey

The nurse manager is discussing the blame-free environment in place at the organization with new hires. Which statement indicates understanding of the policy?

1. If I make any mistake, if I report it I will not be reprimanded or punished.
  2. When I make a mistake, I should immediately fill out an incident report.
  3. It is left up to each employee to self-monitor, and we do not report others mistakes.
  4. When I make a mistake, I should report it and look for ways to prevent it from reoccurring.

Question 2

During a discussion of how to proceed on a project, a team member says, I don't care how we do it. Just tell me what to do and I will get it done. What kind of followership is this nurse exhibiting?

1. Passive
  2. Active
  3. Dependent
  4. Independent

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

missalyssa26

Answer to Question 1

Explanation: 1. Reporting mistakes is blame-free to encourage not only the reporting, but process corrections
to improve the quality of care. Certain mistakes may be exceptions to this, such as illegal
activity or failure to report personal mistakes or the mistakes of others. Incident reports are not
the first step after making a mistake.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: The nurse is not passively participating. There is an indication that the work will be done.
Rationale 2: The active follower would express ideas on how to achieve the goal.
Rationale 3: This dependent you make the decision and I'll do it statement is characteristic of an ineffective follower.
Rationale 4: An independent follower would express constructive criticism of plans.
Global Rationale:

geoffrey

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
Excellent

Liamb2179

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Approximately 70% of expectant mothers report experiencing some symptoms of morning sickness during the first trimester of pregnancy.

Did you know?

Children with strabismus (crossed eyes) can be treated. They are not able to outgrow this condition on their own, but with help, it can be more easily corrected at a younger age. It is important for infants to have eye examinations as early as possible in their development and then another at age 2 years.

Did you know?

A headache when you wake up in the morning is indicative of sinusitis. Other symptoms of sinusitis can include fever, weakness, tiredness, a cough that may be more severe at night, and a runny nose or nasal congestion.

Did you know?

Though “Krazy Glue” or “Super Glue” has the ability to seal small wounds, it is not recommended for this purpose since it contains many substances that should not enter the body through the skin, and may be harmful.

Did you know?

Many people have small pouches in their colons that bulge outward through weak spots. Each pouch is called a diverticulum. About 10% of Americans older than age 40 years have diverticulosis, which, when the pouches become infected or inflamed, is called diverticulitis. The main cause of diverticular disease is a low-fiber diet.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library