This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Staff nurses have been asked to comment on the work of a nurse manager as part of the manager's ... (Read 124 times)

brutforce

Staff nurses have been asked to comment on the work of a nurse manager as part of the manager's performance review.

Which comments by the staff nurses would indicate to the supervisor that the manager is also a leader? Note: Credit will be given only if all correct choices and no incorrect choices are selected. Standard Text: Select all that apply. 1. He helped me to understand the structure of the hospital's organization.
  2. I hope to be as good a manager as he is someday.
  3. He negotiated a pay increase for the RNs on the unit.
  4. His example has encouraged me to get to know people in other departments in the hospital.
  5. His assignments are always fair and appropriate for the client census.

Question 2

In a leadership training class, which statement by a student indicates learning has been successful?

1. If I am to be successful in leadership, I should make sure no followers are friends.
  2. Most people would not be able to tell if I only pretend to be interested in them.
  3. Relationship building is essential to successful leadership.
  4. Leadership means I can delegate tasks I do not want to do.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

komodo7

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: Clarification of organizational structure is part of the manager's job.
Rationale 2: A leader uses interpersonal skills to influence others to accomplish a specific goal.
Rationale 3: Negotiating pay is a role of the manager.
Rationale 4: Leaders help to forge links among the organization's members.
Rationale 5: Making assignments is a part of the manager's role.
Global Rationale:

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: Although the leader can show no favoritism, leaders can have friends among the group of followers.
Rationale 2: The caring demonstrated in the leadershipfollowers hip relationship must be authentic.
Rationale 3: Authentic caring in relationships is an important method of improving respect and competence as a leader.
Rationale 4: Authentic leaders are willing to take risks and are not afraid to do any task.
Global Rationale:

brutforce

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
:D TYSM

Animal_Goddess

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Pubic lice (crabs) are usually spread through sexual contact. You cannot catch them by using a public toilet.

Did you know?

Children of people with alcoholism are more inclined to drink alcohol or use hard drugs. In fact, they are 400 times more likely to use hard drugs than those who do not have a family history of alcohol addiction.

Did you know?

The average person is easily confused by the terms pharmaceutics and pharmacology, thinking they are one and the same. Whereas pharmaceutics is the science of preparing and dispensing drugs (otherwise known as the science of pharmacy), pharmacology is the study of medications.

Did you know?

All patients with hyperparathyroidism will develop osteoporosis. The parathyroid glands maintain blood calcium within the normal range. All patients with this disease will continue to lose calcium from their bones every day, and there is no way to prevent the development of osteoporosis as a result.

Did you know?

About 100 new prescription or over-the-counter drugs come into the U.S. market every year.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library