This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Ms. S tells you, I pass a little urine when I sneeze, and with the surgery and my weight, it's hard ... (Read 172 times)

iveyjurea

Ms. S tells you, I pass a little urine when I sneeze, and with the surgery and my weight, it's hard for me to get up to the bathroom.

Which tasks related to urinary incontinence should be delegated to the unlicensed assistive personnel (UAP)? (Select all that apply.)

A. Assist the patient to use the bedpan as needed.
  B. Empty and clean the commode chair after every use.
  C. Assist the patient to don and change absorbent pads or undergarments as needed.
  D. Assist the patient to get up to the bedside commode whenever she calls for help.
  E. Frequently check the bed linens and the patient's clothes for moisture and change as needed.
  F. Coach the patient to perform Kegel exercises.

Question 2

Ms. S is a 55-year-old woman who is morbidly obese and 2 days postoperation for knee surgery. You notice a strong scent of urine when you enter the room. There is a bedside commode and a bedpan in the room. What should you do first?

A. Instruct the UAP to assist the patient with hygiene.
  B. Try to determine the source of the urine odor.
  C. Check the intake and output (I & O) record for urine output and the nurses' notes for problems with voiding.
  D. Review the medical records for a history of urinary incontinence.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

lin77x

Answer to Question 1

B, C, D, E

Answer to Question 2

B

iveyjurea

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
:D TYSM

phuda

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Signs and symptoms of a drug overdose include losing consciousness, fever or sweating, breathing problems, abnormal pulse, and changes in skin color.

Did you know?

To prove that stomach ulcers were caused by bacteria and not by stress, a researcher consumed an entire laboratory beaker full of bacterial culture. After this, he did indeed develop stomach ulcers, and won the Nobel Prize for his discovery.

Did you know?

Many medications that are used to treat infertility are injected subcutaneously. This is easy to do using the anterior abdomen as the site of injection but avoiding the area directly around the belly button.

Did you know?

Despite claims by manufacturers, the supplement known as Ginkgo biloba was shown in a study of more than 3,000 participants to be ineffective in reducing development of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease in older people.

Did you know?

Nearly all drugs pass into human breast milk. How often a drug is taken influences the amount of drug that will pass into the milk. Medications taken 30 to 60 minutes before breastfeeding are likely to be at peak blood levels when the baby is nursing.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library