This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client tells the nurse, Every time I sneeze, I wet my pants. What is this type of involuntary ... (Read 29 times)

CQXA

A client tells the nurse, Every time I sneeze, I wet my pants. What is this type of involuntary escape of urine called?

A) Urinary incontinence
  B) Urinary incompetence
  C) Normal micturition
  D) Uncontrolled voiding

Question 2

A nurse is assessing the urine output of a client with Parkinson's disease who is on levodopa. Which of the following is a common finding for a client on this medication?

A) The urine may be brown or black.
  B) The urine may be blood-tinged.
  C) The urine may be green or blue-green.
  D) The urine may be orange or orange-red.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

bassamabas

Answer to Question 1

Ans: A
The process of emptying the bladder is termed micturition, voiding, or urination. Sometimes increased abdominal pressure, such as occurs when sneezing or coughing, forces an involuntary escape of urine, especially in women because the urethra is shorter. Any involuntary loss of urine that causes such a problem is referred to as urinary incontinence.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: A
Levodopa (l-dopa), an antiparkinson drug, and injectable iron compounds can lead to brown or black urine. Anticoagulants may cause hematuria (blood in the urine), leading to a pink or red color. Diuretics can lighten the color of urine to pale yellow. Phenazopyridine (Pyridium), a urinary tract analgesic, can cause orange or orange-red urine.

CQXA

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

pangili4

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Approximately 25% of all reported medication errors result from some kind of name confusion.

Did you know?

Women are two-thirds more likely than men to develop irritable bowel syndrome. This may be attributable to hormonal changes related to their menstrual cycles.

Did you know?

Thyroid conditions may make getting pregnant impossible.

Did you know?

Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus or MRSA was discovered in 1961 in the United Kingdom. It if often referred to as a superbug. MRSA infections cause more deaths in the United States every year than AIDS.

Methicilli ...
Did you know?

HIV testing reach is still limited. An estimated 40% of people with HIV (more than 14 million) remain undiagnosed and do not know their infection status.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library