This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client tells the nurse, Every time I sneeze, I wet my pants. What is this type of involuntary ... (Read 30 times)

CQXA

A client tells the nurse, Every time I sneeze, I wet my pants. What is this type of involuntary escape of urine called?

A) Urinary incontinence
  B) Urinary incompetence
  C) Normal micturition
  D) Uncontrolled voiding

Question 2

A nurse is assessing the urine output of a client with Parkinson's disease who is on levodopa. Which of the following is a common finding for a client on this medication?

A) The urine may be brown or black.
  B) The urine may be blood-tinged.
  C) The urine may be green or blue-green.
  D) The urine may be orange or orange-red.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

bassamabas

Answer to Question 1

Ans: A
The process of emptying the bladder is termed micturition, voiding, or urination. Sometimes increased abdominal pressure, such as occurs when sneezing or coughing, forces an involuntary escape of urine, especially in women because the urethra is shorter. Any involuntary loss of urine that causes such a problem is referred to as urinary incontinence.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: A
Levodopa (l-dopa), an antiparkinson drug, and injectable iron compounds can lead to brown or black urine. Anticoagulants may cause hematuria (blood in the urine), leading to a pink or red color. Diuretics can lighten the color of urine to pale yellow. Phenazopyridine (Pyridium), a urinary tract analgesic, can cause orange or orange-red urine.

CQXA

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Gracias!

bblaney

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

The top five reasons that children stay home from school are as follows: colds, stomach flu (gastroenteritis), ear infection (otitis media), pink eye (conjunctivitis), and sore throat.

Did you know?

Stroke kills people from all ethnic backgrounds, but the people at highest risk for fatal strokes are: black men, black women, Asian men, white men, and white women.

Did you know?

Since 1988, the CDC has reported a 99% reduction in bacterial meningitis caused by Haemophilus influenzae, due to the introduction of the vaccine against it.

Did you know?

More than 20 million Americans cite use of marijuana within the past 30 days, according to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH). More than 8 million admit to using it almost every day.

Did you know?

Medication errors are three times higher among children and infants than with adults.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library