Author Question: The client tells the nurse, I don't think you can help me. Every time I talk to you, I am reminded ... (Read 14 times)

drink

The client tells the nurse, I don't think you can help me. Every time I talk to you, I am reminded of my mother, and I hated her. The nurse should recognize this as:

A) Confrontation
  B) Countertransference
  C) Incongruence
  D) Transference

Question 2

The nurse is giving a presentation comparing and contrasting autism disorder and Asperger syndrome. Which of the following would the nurse include as differentiating Asperger syndrome from autism disorder?

A) Children typically do not engage in stereotypic behavior.
  B) They display age-appropriate intelligence.
  C) The children often reverse pronouns when speaking.
  D) They appear aloof and indifferent to others.

mochi09

Answer to Question 1

D
Feedback: Transference is the shifting of an emotion from one person to another. Confrontation is a technique used to highlight the incongruence between a person's verbalizations and actual behavior. Countertransference occurs when the therapist displaces onto the client attitudes or feelings from his or her past. Incongruence occurs when the communication content and process disagree.

Answer to Question 2

B