This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The client tells the nurse, I can't stand trying to talk with my psychiatrist. She never seems to ... (Read 22 times)

Hungry!

The client tells the nurse, I can't stand trying to talk with my psychiatrist. She never seems to understand what I'm saying. It's obvious from her clothing and her manners that she's rich and never had experiences like the ones in my life.

The nurse assesses that the client-psychiatrist interactions have been most influenced by:
  1. Environment
  2. Context
  3. Attitude
  4. Knowledge

Question 2

Determine the type of communication occurring in the following vignette.

Nurse: Good morning, Mrs. Jones. How did you sleep last night?
  Client: I had a lousy night. The person in the room next door kept yelling in his sleep.
  Nurse: I know what you mean; sometimes my husband does that too. I'm luckier than you because I can shake him and get the shouting to stop. I guess you probably wouldn't have felt comfortable doing that with another client.
  Client: No, beside that, who wants to walk around here at night? Still, I think I would like to meet him. He looked pretty handsome when I saw the nurse taking him around the unit after he was admitted yesterday.
  This interaction should be assessed as:
  1. Therapeutic
  2. Collegial
  3. Social
  4. Intrapersonal

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

kjo;oj

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 3
Attitude determines how one person responds to another. It includes one's biases, past experi-ences, and openness. People of different socioeconomic backgrounds may have difficulty sur-mounting this barrier. Options 1, 2, and 4 are less influential factors in the situation described.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 3
Although the conversation takes place between the nurse and a client, it is of a social nature. It is superficial and benefits both parties mutually. No expectation of help exists. 1. Therapeutic communication promotes client growth and is client-focused. 2. Collegial conversation occurs for the purpose of professional collaboration. 4. Intrapersonal communication takes place within the individual.

Hungry!

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

jojobee318

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Asthma is the most common chronic childhood disease in the world. Most children who develop asthma have symptoms before they are 5 years old.

Did you know?

Children of people with alcoholism are more inclined to drink alcohol or use hard drugs. In fact, they are 400 times more likely to use hard drugs than those who do not have a family history of alcohol addiction.

Did you know?

Interferon was scarce and expensive until 1980, when the interferon gene was inserted into bacteria using recombinant DNA technology, allowing for mass cultivation and purification from bacterial cultures.

Did you know?

Astigmatism is the most common vision problem. It may accompany nearsightedness or farsightedness. It is usually caused by an irregularly shaped cornea, but sometimes it is the result of an irregularly shaped lens. Either type can be corrected by eyeglasses, contact lenses, or refractive surgery.

Did you know?

Approximately 25% of all reported medication errors result from some kind of name confusion.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library