This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: 2. The nurse and the nurse manager are discussing Sigma Theta Tau's 8 Skills for a Healthy Career. ... (Read 34 times)

JMatthes

2. The nurse and the nurse manager are discussing Sigma Theta Tau's 8 Skills for a Healthy Career. Which of the following statements by the nurse indicates the nurse is implementing or intends to implement one of these skills? Select all that apply.

1. I enrolled in a new class about personal finances.
  2. I made an appointment to talk to the education department about these new cardiac monitors. I'm tired of new things being forced down our throats every time we turn around.
  3. After I retire, I'm going to take a Spanish class.
  4. Have you read about the new research about pain control for surgical patients? We should see if we could try some of the principles here.
  5. I volunteer as a parish nurse at our church.

Question 2

If a hospital is operating with the needs of clients above the needs of its staff, what is the most likely outcome?

1. The staff is likely to also put the client's needs ahead of their own.
   2. Management is likely to discover a decrease in client satisfaction ratings.
   3. Staff will work even harder to ensure client satisfaction.
   4. Morale will suffer, but clients' health-related outcomes will improve.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ynlevi

Answer to Question 1

Answer: 1; 3; 4; 5

Rationale:
 I enrolled in a new class about personal finances. According to the 8 Skills for a Healthy Career, nurses must continue to perform self-development activities, be able to locate resources, and learn financial principles. Nurses need to study current information from professional organizations, develop leadership skills, and identify their mentors. Learning a second language is advised. Nurses must educate themselves about new technological advances, and position themselves for recognition in the community and in their profession. It is important to remain active professionally during retirement. It is advisable to enroll in a class about finances.
 I made an appointment to talk to the education department about these new cardiac monitors. I'm tired of new things being forced down our throats every time we turn around. It is important to remain flexible. Opportunities for learning about new technology, equipment, or skills should be welcomed.
 After I retire, I'm going to take a Spanish class. It is advisable to learn a second language.
 Have you read about the new research about pain control for surgical patients? We should see if we could try some of the principles here. It is important to stay current about new professional research.
 I volunteer as a parish nurse at our church. Volunteering within the community is advised, and puts nurses in a position for recognition.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: 2

Rationale: If hospital staff feel underappreciated, morale will drop and overall hospital effectiveness will also drop. This results in decreased client satisfaction from low morale and poor work attendance and decreased feeling of ownership for health outcomes.

JMatthes

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Dominic

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Barbituric acid, the base material of barbiturates, was first synthesized in 1863 by Adolph von Bayer. His company later went on to synthesize aspirin for the first time, and Bayer aspirin is still a popular brand today.

Did you know?

Inotropic therapy does not have a role in the treatment of most heart failure patients. These drugs can make patients feel and function better but usually do not lengthen the predicted length of their lives.

Did you know?

Approximately 500,000 babies are born each year in the United States to teenage mothers.

Did you know?

The types of cancer that alpha interferons are used to treat include hairy cell leukemia, melanoma, follicular non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, and AIDS-related Kaposi's sarcoma.

Did you know?

Allergies play a major part in the health of children. The most prevalent childhood allergies are milk, egg, soy, wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, and seafood.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library