Author Question: Examples of satisfiers include which of these rewards? Select all that apply. 1. Salary 2. ... (Read 48 times)

rmenurse

Examples of satisfiers include which of these rewards? Select all that apply.

1. Salary
   2. Satisfaction
   3. Recognition
   4. Environment
   5. Achievement

Question 2

Which statement best exemplifies intrinsic motivation for a nurse who works more diligently than do others on the unit?

1. I hope I will gain more experience and become more organized in my response to client needs.
  2. If I work really hard, maybe the charge nurse will like me more than she seems to now.
  3. I know if I get noticed for my job performance, I might be chosen to receive the bonus pay this quarter.
  4. Our organization is experiencing lay-offs, and I do not want to be one of the nurses who have to go.

jlaineee

Answer to Question 1

Answer: 2; 5

Rationale:
 Salary: Satisfiers are those rewards having to do with the job itself. As these are internal, salary would not be included as a satisfier.
 Satisfaction: Satisfaction is an internal feeling, so it is considered a satisfier.
 Recognition: Recognition relies on external factors, so it would not be considered a satisfier.
 Environment: The environment in which a nurse works is considered external, so it is not a satisfier.
 Achievement: Achievement is a feeling, and would be considered a satisfier.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: 1
Rationale: Intrinsic factors of motivation are those internal factors such as a sense of achievement, recognition, increased responsibility, and satisfaction for a job well done. Therefore, becoming more organized is an example of intrinsic motivation. Working hard to be liked more, to receive a bonus, and to avoid a lay-off are all considered extrinsic motivators, as they all involve factors external to the nurse.