This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nursing supervisor overhears a novice nurse manager discussing conflict. Which statement ... (Read 95 times)

MirandaLo

The nursing supervisor overhears a novice nurse manager discussing conflict. Which statement indicates the nursing supervisor might need to review conflict management with the nurse manager?

1. Since all conflicts cause friction and are bad for morale, I need to interject
  whenever conflict arises.
   2. I need to make sure everyone in my department understands I will not tolerate
  unresolved conflict.
  2. I know conflict can occur personally or with others, so I need to make sure to
  learn how to best handle each.
   4. I think the anger that begins with people in conflict would be motivating in some
  situations.

Question 2

Which are associated with conflict? Select all that apply.

1. Directive power
   2. Limited resources
   3. Synergic power
   4. Uneven status
   5. Ambiguity

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Jsherida

Answer to Question 1

Answer: 1
Rationale: All conflicts are not necessarily bad for morale or cause friction. Needed changes often gain momentum when conflict surfaces. Unresolved conflict can cause hurt feelings and unprofessional behaviors if allowed to continue. Those individuals in conflict should work through it on their own, or might need some assistance in doing so. The nurse manager should be aware of how to handle conflict originating from any source or between any individuals. Situational anger can be motivating when used constructively to help those in conflict.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: 1; 2; 4; 5

Rationale:
 Directive power: This unequal distribution of power is associated with conflict because those who have the power use it for their own gain.
 Limited resources: When resources are limited, conflict frequently occurs deciding how to divide up the scarce resources.
 Synergic power: This type of power incorporates what is best for the group, and so would not be associated with conflict.
 Uneven status: Anytime someone has higher status than another, conflict can occur if the power accompanying the status is misused.
 Ambiguity: When differing perceptions are possible, conflict is as well. If any issue lacks clarity, differing perceptions and conflict are possible.

MirandaLo

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
Wow, this really help

daiying98

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

In most climates, 8 to 10 glasses of water per day is recommended for adults. The best indicator for adequate fluid intake is frequent, clear urination.

Did you know?

Astigmatism is the most common vision problem. It may accompany nearsightedness or farsightedness. It is usually caused by an irregularly shaped cornea, but sometimes it is the result of an irregularly shaped lens. Either type can be corrected by eyeglasses, contact lenses, or refractive surgery.

Did you know?

Tobacco depletes the body of vitamins A, C, and E, which can result in any of the following: dry hair, dry skin, dry eyes, poor growth, night blindness, abscesses, insomnia, fatigue, reproductive system problems, sinusitis, pneumonia, frequent respiratory problems, skin disorders, weight loss, rickets, osteomalacia, nervousness, muscle spasms, leg cramps, extremity numbness, bone malformations, decayed teeth, difficulty in walking, irritability, restlessness, profuse sweating, increased uric acid (gout), joint damage, damaged red blood cells, destruction of nerves, infertility, miscarriage, and many types of cancer.

Did you know?

After 5 years of being diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, one every three patients will no longer be able to work.

Did you know?

According to the FDA, adverse drug events harmed or killed approximately 1,200,000 people in the United States in the year 2015.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library