This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse manager is using the process model of leadership to determine how best to improve staff ... (Read 20 times)

maegan_martin

The nurse manager is using the process model of leadership to determine how best to improve staff attendance for his scheduled shifts. Which are considerations in stage 1 of the process? Select all that apply.

1. Determine the desired outcome.
   2. Identify the participants.
   3. Generate ideas for action.
  4. Describe situational influences.
  5. Identify associated barriers.

Question 2

In a leadership training class, which statement by a participant indicates that learning has been successful?

1. Relationship building is essential to be successful in leadership.
   2. Leadership means I do can delegate tasks I do not want to do.
   3. If I am to be successful in leadership, I should make sure no followers are
  friends.
  4. Most people will not be able to tell I am disinterested, if I
  act interested in them.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

bob

Answer to Question 1

Answer: 1; 2; 4

Rationale:
 Determine the desired outcome: The process model of leadership involves three stages. The first action of stage 1 is to determine the desired outcome, which in this case it is to decrease staff call-ins.
 Identify the participants: The second step of stage 1 is to identify the participants, and the nurse manager must consider all staff under direct responsibility.
 Generate ideas for action: The third consideration is not generating ideas for action. This is the first action of stage 2. The third consideration in stage 1 is to describe the organizational climate and structure.
 Describe situational influences: This is one of the considerations in stage 1, as it is the fifth and final action needed in stage 1.
 Identify associated barriers: Identifying barriers does not occur until stage 2 in the process model of leadership.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: 1

Rationale: Authentic caring in relationships with others is an important method of improving respect and competence as a leader. Leaders are not afraid of and do not refuse any task. Although the leader can show no favoritism, leaders can have friends. Authentic leaders are willing to take risks, and would be genuine towards those with whom they are in relationship.

maegan_martin

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Animal_Goddess

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Green tea is able to stop the scent of garlic or onion from causing bad breath.

Did you know?

Cytomegalovirus affects nearly the same amount of newborns every year as Down syndrome.

Did you know?

According to research, pregnant women tend to eat more if carrying a baby boy. Male fetuses may secrete a chemical that stimulates their mothers to step up her energy intake.

Did you know?

Certain rare plants containing cyanide include apricot pits and a type of potato called cassava. Fortunately, only chronic or massive ingestion of any of these plants can lead to serious poisoning.

Did you know?

Although not all of the following muscle groups are commonly used, intramuscular injections may be given into the abdominals, biceps, calves, deltoids, gluteals, laterals, pectorals, quadriceps, trapezoids, and triceps.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library