This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Nurses on the floor of a general medical-surgical unit do not get along, and the clients on the ... (Read 28 times)

LaDunn

Nurses on the floor of a general medical-surgical unit do not get along, and the clients on the floor have noticed this. Satisfaction reports have been poor, and the nurse manager has asked all members of the unit to participate in the upcoming staff meet

The nurse manager will present communication strategies to assist staff to engage in meaningful conversations. Which of the following communication strategies is highlighted by the creation of a safe place to foster collaborative learning and to share and listen to the thinking of others to connect at a deeply human level?
  A) Listening
  B) Advocacy
  C) Intention
  D) Silence

Question 2

A client's caregiver opens the door to the client's home, and the home health nurse enters to find the elderly client sitting up in a chair. The client states, I have not been myself lately and I am hearing things that frighten me.

The nurse assesses the client and discusses with her that the new medication that the physician put her on may be causing these symptoms. The caregiver states, She was like this before she was put on the medicine. As she charts, the nurse comments on the flowers that the client received and states that they are beautiful. What nontherapeutic communication technique occurred?
  A) Changing the subject
  B) Exhibiting judgmental behaviors
  C) Stereotyping the individual
  D) Failing to listen