Author Question: The nurse demonstrates an understanding of mutuality when stating to the client, a. Mr. Jones, I ... (Read 25 times)

segrsyd

The nurse demonstrates an understanding of mutuality when stating to the client,

a. Mr. Jones, I think you should go to bed now.
  b. Mr. Jones, I would like you to go to bed now.
  c. Mr. Jones, I don't think you should sit in the chair.
  d. Mr. Jones, I thought we agreed that you would return to bed at this time.

Question 2

Which of the following is a violation of client confidentiality?

a. Sharing of information about a communicable disease
  b. Stating client's diagnosis during change of shift report
  c. Photographing a client's wound to monitor the healing process
  d. Discussing private information about the client casually with others

bubulittle310@msn.cn

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
Mutuality basically means that the nurse and the client agree on the client's health problems and the means for resolving them and that both parties are committed to enhancing the client's well-being. When the nurse instructs the client what to do, it represents the nurse's goals for the client and does not demonstrate mutuality.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
Discussing private information casually with others is an abuse of confidentiality. It is legal to share information about public health issues such as a communicable disease. Information can be shared with the health care team. Photographing a client's wound is not a breach of confidentiality; the pictures stay with the client's record and are used for the benefit of the client.