This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following statements best represents therapeutic communication when a student discovers ... (Read 25 times)

jCorn1234

Which of the following statements best represents therapeutic communication when a student discovers a client crying in bed?

a. I am the nurse who will be doing your treatments today.
  b. Will you listen to me so I can help you get better?
  c. This is what is going to happen during surgery.
  d. Can we talk about what seems to be bothering you?

Question 2

The nurse recognizes that feedback loops

a. do not allow for correction of original information.
  b. are solely based on the General Systems Theory.
  c. do not allow for validation of information.
  d. allow the human system to correct its original information.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jaymee143

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
Asking about what is bothering the client is goal directed. Its purpose is to promote client well-being. I am the nurse who will be doing your treatments today is a statement of fact, and it ignores the client's emotional needs. Will you listen to me so I can help you get better? is not goal directed and does not involve mutuality. This is what is going to happen during surgery is simply one way. It does not engage the client in a therapeutic manner.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
Feedback (from the receiver or the environment) allows the system to correct or maintain its original information. Feedback loops (from the receiver, or the environment) validate the information, or allow the human system to correct its original information. General Systems Theory, initially described by Ludwig von Bertalanffy (1968), focuses on process and interconnected relationships comprising the whole.

jCorn1234

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

amandalm

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

The oldest recorded age was 122. Madame Jeanne Calment was born in France in 1875 and died in 1997. She was a vegetarian and loved olive oil, port wine, and chocolate.

Did you know?

In the United States, there is a birth every 8 seconds, according to the U.S. Census Bureau's Population Clock.

Did you know?

In inpatient settings, adverse drug events account for an estimated one in three of all hospital adverse events. They affect approximately 2 million hospital stays every year, and prolong hospital stays by between one and five days.

Did you know?

Certain rare plants containing cyanide include apricot pits and a type of potato called cassava. Fortunately, only chronic or massive ingestion of any of these plants can lead to serious poisoning.

Did you know?

Aspirin may benefit 11 different cancers, including those of the colon, pancreas, lungs, prostate, breasts, and leukemia.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library