This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client comes into the community clinic for a wellness check-up. During the interview the nurse ... (Read 18 times)

vHAUNG6011

A client comes into the community clinic for a wellness check-up. During the interview the nurse collects the following information:

Reason for visit: Just wanted to get a quick check-up. I know I'm not sick and will not get anything serious. And even if I do, what can be done? You people will tell me to take some pills, change my diet, get more exercise ... the list goes on and on and why? If I'm meant to live long I will and if I'm meant to die early, then I will do that too.
  Which health belief model should the nurse consider as the guiding principle for this client?
  1. Internal locus of control
  2. Neuman systems model
  3. Rosenstock's health belief model
  4. Pender's health promotion model

Question 2

During a health visit a client who has been reviewing smoking cessation material states I've already cut back from a pack a day to half a pack. According to Prochaska and DiClemente, in which stage of change is this client?

1. Preparation
  2. Precontemplation
  3. Action
  4. Contemplation

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

alexisweber49

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 3

The health belief model (HBM), developed by Rosenstock provides a framework for understanding why people do not adopt disease prevention strategies or participate in screening tests for the early detection of disease. As the model evolved, individual responses to symptoms and compliance with medical treatments were examined. Initially the model was used to explain why people do not take action to prevent disease/injury. While mostly associated with disease/injury prevention, the model may also be used to explain why people do or do not participate in health promotion behaviors. People who believe that they have a major influence on their own health status are internally controlled; that is, they have an internal locus of control. The Neuman Systems Model is wellness oriented and views health promotion as an intervention component of primary prevention. Pender's health promotion model focuses on health-promoting behaviors rather than health-protecting or preventive behaviors.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 1

This response reflects the preparation stage when the person undertakes cognitive and behavioral activities that prepare the person for change and may have already changed some small aspect of the behavior. Contemplation is when the patient seriously considers changing a specific behavior, actively gathers information, and verbalizes plans to make the change in the near future. In precontemplation the patient neither thinks about changing behavior nor is interested in information about the behavior. The action stage occurs when the person actively implements behavioral and cognitive strategies to interrupt previous behavior patterns and adopt new ones.

vHAUNG6011

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

LVPMS

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Pubic lice (crabs) are usually spread through sexual contact. You cannot catch them by using a public toilet.

Did you know?

About 60% of newborn infants in the United States are jaundiced; that is, they look yellow. Kernicterus is a form of brain damage caused by excessive jaundice. When babies begin to be affected by excessive jaundice and begin to have brain damage, they become excessively lethargic.

Did you know?

The immune system needs 9.5 hours of sleep in total darkness to recharge completely.

Did you know?

All adults should have their cholesterol levels checked once every 5 years. During 2009–2010, 69.4% of Americans age 20 and older reported having their cholesterol checked within the last five years.

Did you know?

The first oncogene was discovered in 1970 and was termed SRC (pronounced "SARK").

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library