This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client comes into the community clinic for a wellness check-up. During the interview the nurse ... (Read 26 times)

vHAUNG6011

A client comes into the community clinic for a wellness check-up. During the interview the nurse collects the following information:

Reason for visit: Just wanted to get a quick check-up. I know I'm not sick and will not get anything serious. And even if I do, what can be done? You people will tell me to take some pills, change my diet, get more exercise ... the list goes on and on and why? If I'm meant to live long I will and if I'm meant to die early, then I will do that too.
  Which health belief model should the nurse consider as the guiding principle for this client?
  1. Internal locus of control
  2. Neuman systems model
  3. Rosenstock's health belief model
  4. Pender's health promotion model

Question 2

During a health visit a client who has been reviewing smoking cessation material states I've already cut back from a pack a day to half a pack. According to Prochaska and DiClemente, in which stage of change is this client?

1. Preparation
  2. Precontemplation
  3. Action
  4. Contemplation

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

alexisweber49

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 3

The health belief model (HBM), developed by Rosenstock provides a framework for understanding why people do not adopt disease prevention strategies or participate in screening tests for the early detection of disease. As the model evolved, individual responses to symptoms and compliance with medical treatments were examined. Initially the model was used to explain why people do not take action to prevent disease/injury. While mostly associated with disease/injury prevention, the model may also be used to explain why people do or do not participate in health promotion behaviors. People who believe that they have a major influence on their own health status are internally controlled; that is, they have an internal locus of control. The Neuman Systems Model is wellness oriented and views health promotion as an intervention component of primary prevention. Pender's health promotion model focuses on health-promoting behaviors rather than health-protecting or preventive behaviors.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 1

This response reflects the preparation stage when the person undertakes cognitive and behavioral activities that prepare the person for change and may have already changed some small aspect of the behavior. Contemplation is when the patient seriously considers changing a specific behavior, actively gathers information, and verbalizes plans to make the change in the near future. In precontemplation the patient neither thinks about changing behavior nor is interested in information about the behavior. The action stage occurs when the person actively implements behavioral and cognitive strategies to interrupt previous behavior patterns and adopt new ones.

vHAUNG6011

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
Wow, this really help

jomama

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

One way to reduce acid reflux is to lose two or three pounds. Most people lose weight in the belly area first when they increase exercise, meaning that heartburn can be reduced quickly by this method.

Did you know?

Patients who have undergone chemotherapy for the treatment of cancer often complain of a lack of mental focus; memory loss; and a general diminution in abilities such as multitasking, attention span, and general mental agility.

Did you know?

To combat osteoporosis, changes in lifestyle and diet are recommended. At-risk patients should include 1,200 to 1,500 mg of calcium daily either via dietary means or with supplements.

Did you know?

All patients with hyperparathyroidism will develop osteoporosis. The parathyroid glands maintain blood calcium within the normal range. All patients with this disease will continue to lose calcium from their bones every day, and there is no way to prevent the development of osteoporosis as a result.

Did you know?

The first monoclonal antibodies were made exclusively from mouse cells. Some are now fully human, which means they are likely to be safer and may be more effective than older monoclonal antibodies.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library