This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Hospice care includes services that are reasonable and necessary for the comfort and management of a ... (Read 13 times)

a0266361136

Hospice care includes services that are reasonable and necessary for the comfort and management of a terminal illness. Which services might be included? (Select all that apply.)

A) Physician services
  B) Nursing care
  C) Long-term inclient pain control
  D) Hospice aide services
  E) Social worker services

Question 2

The faith community nurse recently visited with a member of the congregation, Sandy, who is recovering from a hysterectomy.

Following a church service one Sunday, another member of the congregation, Patricia, approaches you and says, How is Sandy recovering from her surgery? Which is the most appropriate response?
  A) She still has some bleeding, but overall she's doing well.
  B) You mean her hysterectomy? She's doing really well.
  C) I'm afraid I can't share any details, but I'm sure she'd love a call or text from you.
  D) I'm sorry, Patricia, but that's none of your business.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

debra928

Answer to Question 1

Ans: A, B, D, E
Hospice care services may include physician services, nursing care, hospice aide services, social worker services, and short-term, not long-term, inclient care (for pain and symptom management).

Answer to Question 2

Ans: C
The parish nurse is bound by professional confidentiality not to reveal information about the health of patients, even if they are known to members of the congregation. Refusing to share information in a way that does not seem cold is a delicate art. One way to avoid this conflict is to explain to congregants early in the program, and often thereafter, that confidentiality for each member will be maintained. Often, the nurse can simply say, I am sure that she would appreciate a call or a card; this relieves pressure to share much information.

a0266361136

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
Excellent

at

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Hyperthyroidism leads to an increased rate of metabolism and affects about 1% of women but only 0.1% of men. For most people, this increased metabolic rate causes the thyroid gland to become enlarged (known as a goiter).

Did you know?

The types of cancer that alpha interferons are used to treat include hairy cell leukemia, melanoma, follicular non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, and AIDS-related Kaposi's sarcoma.

Did you know?

Your heart beats over 36 million times a year.

Did you know?

A serious new warning has been established for pregnant women against taking ACE inhibitors during pregnancy. In the study, the risk of major birth defects in children whose mothers took ACE inhibitors during the first trimester was nearly three times higher than in children whose mothers didn't take ACE inhibitors. Physicians can prescribe alternative medications for pregnant women who have symptoms of high blood pressure.

Did you know?

Walt Disney helped combat malaria by making an animated film in 1943 called The Winged Scourge. This short film starred the seven dwarfs and taught children that mosquitos transmit malaria, which is a very bad disease. It advocated the killing of mosquitos to stop the disease.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library