This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Hospice care includes services that are reasonable and necessary for the comfort and management of a ... (Read 16 times)

a0266361136

Hospice care includes services that are reasonable and necessary for the comfort and management of a terminal illness. Which services might be included? (Select all that apply.)

A) Physician services
  B) Nursing care
  C) Long-term inclient pain control
  D) Hospice aide services
  E) Social worker services

Question 2

The faith community nurse recently visited with a member of the congregation, Sandy, who is recovering from a hysterectomy.

Following a church service one Sunday, another member of the congregation, Patricia, approaches you and says, How is Sandy recovering from her surgery? Which is the most appropriate response?
  A) She still has some bleeding, but overall she's doing well.
  B) You mean her hysterectomy? She's doing really well.
  C) I'm afraid I can't share any details, but I'm sure she'd love a call or text from you.
  D) I'm sorry, Patricia, but that's none of your business.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

debra928

Answer to Question 1

Ans: A, B, D, E
Hospice care services may include physician services, nursing care, hospice aide services, social worker services, and short-term, not long-term, inclient care (for pain and symptom management).

Answer to Question 2

Ans: C
The parish nurse is bound by professional confidentiality not to reveal information about the health of patients, even if they are known to members of the congregation. Refusing to share information in a way that does not seem cold is a delicate art. One way to avoid this conflict is to explain to congregants early in the program, and often thereafter, that confidentiality for each member will be maintained. Often, the nurse can simply say, I am sure that she would appreciate a call or a card; this relieves pressure to share much information.

a0266361136

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
Wow, this really help

laurnthompson

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

On average, someone in the United States has a stroke about every 40 seconds. This is about 795,000 people per year.

Did you know?

More than 150,000 Americans killed by cardiovascular disease are younger than the age of 65 years.

Did you know?

The cure for trichomoniasis is easy as long as the patient does not drink alcoholic beverages for 24 hours. Just a single dose of medication is needed to rid the body of the disease. However, without proper precautions, an individual may contract the disease repeatedly. In fact, most people develop trichomoniasis again within three months of their last treatment.

Did you know?

The immune system needs 9.5 hours of sleep in total darkness to recharge completely.

Did you know?

It is difficult to obtain enough calcium without consuming milk or other dairy foods.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library