This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: MC The community is conducting a series of forums about alcoholism. What information should the ... (Read 13 times)

lunatika

MC The community is conducting a series of forums about alcoholism. What information should the forum include?

A. Alcohol use is the tenth leading cause of death in the United States.
   B. Alcohol use contributes to more than 100,000 deaths per year in the United States.
   C. Ten percent of high school students engage in periodic heavy drinking.
   D. Almost 5 of the United States population meets diagnostic criteria for alcohol dependence.

Question 2

The nurse is completing a history on a client who has been referred to a substance abuse clinic. Which of the following statements by the client would most indicate a problem with abuse of a psychoactive substance?

A. I have never had a positive drug test.
   B. I have been arrested several times in the last two months.
   C. I do not have a job.
   D. I cannot get along with people at work.
   E. I am not married.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jharrington11

Answer to Question 1

B. Alcohol use contributes to more than 100,000 deaths per year in the United States.

Answer to Question 2

B. I have been arrested several times in the last two months.
D. I cannot get along with people at work.

lunatika

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
Excellent

mjenn52

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Not getting enough sleep can greatly weaken the immune system. Lack of sleep makes you more likely to catch a cold, or more difficult to fight off an infection.

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

Did you know?

As many as 20% of Americans have been infected by the fungus known as Histoplasmosis. While most people are asymptomatic or only have slight symptoms, infection can progress to a rapid and potentially fatal superinfection.

Did you know?

Amoebae are the simplest type of protozoans, and are characterized by a feeding and dividing trophozoite stage that moves by temporary extensions called pseudopodia or false feet.

Did you know?

Asthma-like symptoms were first recorded about 3,500 years ago in Egypt. The first manuscript specifically written about asthma was in the year 1190, describing a condition characterized by sudden breathlessness. The treatments listed in this manuscript include chicken soup, herbs, and sexual abstinence.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library