This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: MC The community is conducting a series of forums about alcoholism. What information should the ... (Read 14 times)

lunatika

MC The community is conducting a series of forums about alcoholism. What information should the forum include?

A. Alcohol use is the tenth leading cause of death in the United States.
   B. Alcohol use contributes to more than 100,000 deaths per year in the United States.
   C. Ten percent of high school students engage in periodic heavy drinking.
   D. Almost 5 of the United States population meets diagnostic criteria for alcohol dependence.

Question 2

The nurse is completing a history on a client who has been referred to a substance abuse clinic. Which of the following statements by the client would most indicate a problem with abuse of a psychoactive substance?

A. I have never had a positive drug test.
   B. I have been arrested several times in the last two months.
   C. I do not have a job.
   D. I cannot get along with people at work.
   E. I am not married.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jharrington11

Answer to Question 1

B. Alcohol use contributes to more than 100,000 deaths per year in the United States.

Answer to Question 2

B. I have been arrested several times in the last two months.
D. I cannot get along with people at work.

lunatika

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
Gracias!

brbarasa

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Adults are resistant to the bacterium that causes Botulism. These bacteria thrive in honey – therefore, honey should never be given to infants since their immune systems are not yet resistant.

Did you know?

Your heart beats over 36 million times a year.

Did you know?

Adolescents often feel clumsy during puberty because during this time of development, their hands and feet grow faster than their arms and legs do. The body is therefore out of proportion. One out of five adolescents actually experiences growing pains during this period.

Did you know?

About 60% of newborn infants in the United States are jaundiced; that is, they look yellow. Kernicterus is a form of brain damage caused by excessive jaundice. When babies begin to be affected by excessive jaundice and begin to have brain damage, they become excessively lethargic.

Did you know?

In the ancient and medieval periods, dysentery killed about ? of all babies before they reach 12 months of age. The disease was transferred through contaminated drinking water, because there was no way to adequately dispose of sewage, which contaminated the water.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library