This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: . In the 1960s, what was recommended by the Mental Health Survey Act's Joint Commission on Mental ... (Read 37 times)

geodog55

. In the 1960s, what was recommended by the Mental Health Survey Act's Joint Commission on Mental Illness and Health?

A. That an increased number of professionals who were prepared to treat the mentally ill be educated and employed
  B. That mental health patients be deinstitutionalized and treatment be given to them in the community
  C. That families reintegrate the ill family member into the home
  D. That large state institutions be demolished and smaller, more homelike cottages be built

Question 2

Two nurses were discussing a family who was undergoing two major crises simultaneously. The nurse assigned to the family had decided to work on helping the family learn better coping mechanisms.

The colleague asked why the nurse would try to create change when the family was under so much stress at the moment. How might the assigned nurse respond?

A. At the moment I don't think the family will even notice I'm helping them change.
  B. I'm only focusing on one person because if I can get one member to change, the others will change as well.
  C. Now is when the family may recognize the need for change.
  D. The family is under so much stress that one more stressor won't matter.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Jsherida

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C

geodog55

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
:D TYSM

anyusername12131

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Aspirin may benefit 11 different cancers, including those of the colon, pancreas, lungs, prostate, breasts, and leukemia.

Did you know?

People often find it difficult to accept the idea that bacteria can be beneficial and improve health. Lactic acid bacteria are good, and when eaten, these bacteria improve health and increase longevity. These bacteria included in foods such as yogurt.

Did you know?

Signs and symptoms of a drug overdose include losing consciousness, fever or sweating, breathing problems, abnormal pulse, and changes in skin color.

Did you know?

Eating carrots will improve your eyesight. Carrots are high in vitamin A (retinol), which is essential for good vision. It can also be found in milk, cheese, egg yolks, and liver.

Did you know?

Signs of depression include feeling sad most of the time for 2 weeks or longer; loss of interest in things normally enjoyed; lack of energy; sleep and appetite disturbances; weight changes; feelings of hopelessness, helplessness, or worthlessness; an inability to make decisions; and thoughts of death and suicide.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library