This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: In 1961, the Joint Commission on Mental Illness and Health submitted its final report, Action for ... (Read 37 times)

In 1961, the Joint Commission on Mental Illness and Health submitted its final report, Action for Mental Health, and recommended increased:

A) Numbers of mental health hospitals.
  B) State funding for mental health care.
  C) Clinics supplemented by general hospital units.
  D) Use of psychotherapy by psychiatrists.

Question 2

The visiting nurse is concerned about a woman who has been the primary caregiver for her 82-year-old mother for the past 4 years. On the last two visits the caregiver smelled of alcohol. She stated to the nurse, I am so tired.

I don't know how much longer I can do this. But she's my mother, and it is my responsibility. Which intervention by the nurse would be MOST appropriate? a. Have the elderly woman placed in a nursing home.
  b. Refer the daughter to the local chapter of Alcoholics Anonymous.
  c. Discuss the importance of respite care with the daughter.
  d. Notify protective services of possible elder abuse.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

aburgess

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

C
The most appropriate nursing intervention would be to discuss the importance of respite care with the daughter. The daughter is beginning to show signs of caregiver role strain. These signs include the possible use of alcohol and her statements to the nurse about being tired and not knowing how much longer she will be able to take care of her mother.

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

nathang24

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

All adverse reactions are commonly charted in red ink in the patient's record and usually are noted on the front of the chart. Failure to follow correct documentation procedures may result in malpractice lawsuits.

Did you know?

Patients who have undergone chemotherapy for the treatment of cancer often complain of a lack of mental focus; memory loss; and a general diminution in abilities such as multitasking, attention span, and general mental agility.

Did you know?

Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus or MRSA was discovered in 1961 in the United Kingdom. It if often referred to as a superbug. MRSA infections cause more deaths in the United States every year than AIDS.

Methicilli ...
Did you know?

Eating food that has been cooked with poppy seeds may cause you to fail a drug screening test, because the seeds contain enough opiate alkaloids to register as a positive.

Did you know?

About 600,000 particles of skin are shed every hour by each human. If you live to age 70 years, you have shed 105 pounds of dead skin.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library