Author Question: Two nurses were discussing a family that was undergoing two major crises simultaneously. The nurse ... (Read 12 times)

littleanan

Two nurses were discussing a family that was undergoing two major crises simultaneously. The nurse assigned to the family decided to work on helping the family learn better coping mechanisms.

The colleague asked why the nurse would try to create change when the family was under so much stress at the moment. Which of the following responses would be the most appropriate?
  a. At the moment, I don't think the family will even notice I'm helping them change.
  b. I'm only focusing on one person because if I can get one member to change, the others will change as well.
  c. Now is when the family may recognize the need for change.
  d. The family is under so much stress that one more stressor won't matter.

Question 2

A community/public health nurse is working with a family whose members are experiencing an incredible amount of stress. Which source of social support should the nurse encourage the family to use?

a. Family service workers from the agency
  b. Close friends and neighbors
  c. Family self-help groups
  d. Mental health counseling centers

moormoney

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B