This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following best represents an example of infectious disease spreading via a vector? ... (Read 27 times)

scienceeasy

Which of the following best represents an example of infectious disease spreading via a vector?

a. Being bitten by an infected mosquito
  b. Disease spreading from infected mother to infant via the placenta
  c. A group of partygoers hugging and shaking hands
  d. Two persons, one of whom is infected, sharing a glass of soda

Question 2

A man loudly protests his increased property tax bill right after the public health department has made a plea for more funds. Why, he asks, should my tax dollars be used to pay for their children to be immunized?

Which of the following would be the best response by the nurse?
  a. Immunizations are required by law, and if their parents can't afford it, you and I will have to pay for it.
  b. It's just the right thing to do.
  c. Only by making sure most kids are immunized can we stop epidemics that might hurt all of us.
  d. We're a religious God-fearing community, and we take care of each other.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

kescobar@64

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C

scienceeasy

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

steff9894

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Between 1999 and 2012, American adults with high total cholesterol decreased from 18.3% to 12.9%

Did you know?

Inotropic therapy does not have a role in the treatment of most heart failure patients. These drugs can make patients feel and function better but usually do not lengthen the predicted length of their lives.

Did you know?

Though the United States has largely rejected the metric system, it is used for currency, as in 100 pennies = 1 dollar. Previously, the British currency system was used, with measurements such as 12 pence to the shilling, and 20 shillings to the pound.

Did you know?

One way to reduce acid reflux is to lose two or three pounds. Most people lose weight in the belly area first when they increase exercise, meaning that heartburn can be reduced quickly by this method.

Did you know?

Pregnant women usually experience a heightened sense of smell beginning late in the first trimester. Some experts call this the body's way of protecting a pregnant woman from foods that are unsafe for the fetus.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library