This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following is an appropriate conclusion to draw from research based on network therapy ... (Read 37 times)

Garrulous

Which of the following is an appropriate conclusion to draw from research based on network therapy theory?

a. Nurses can help at-risk populations access or build support systems.
  b. Problems in our health care system are worsened by specialization and fragmentation.
  c. Social class places limitations on access to health care.
  d. The family is culturally anchored in American beliefs.

Question 2

I don't want to listen to another lecture on safe sex. Just give me my antibiotic and let me leave, said a defiant client. Which of the following would be the best response by the nurse?

a. As you wish. But can you tell me why you still engage in unprotected sex?
  b. Gonorrhea is becoming resistant to antibiotics. It's becoming difficult to treat you, and permanent damage to your body is occurring.
  c. Our policy requires that we review how to protect yourself even if you have heard the information before.
  d. These recurrent infections are damaging you inside; please consider using condoms.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ciecieme

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
Network therapy theory involves changing the network of families, be it extended family or friends, who tend to maintain a dysfunctional status quo in the nuclear family. The nurse can help the family replace or expand their network with other resources from the wider system that would be able to provide more support and enhance family functioning.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
Gonorrhea is becoming resistant to all our current drugs. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has had to change its treatment guidelines. Also, persons with gonorrhea often have other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) as well. This person has heard the lectures on safe sex and is not changing personal behavior. Upholding policy or appealing to the person's better emotions is probably ineffective. Many people have become complacent about STDs. The nurse is obligated to warn the patient that the infections are becoming resistant to pharmaceutical treatment.

Garrulous

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

marict

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

More than 4.4billion prescriptions were dispensed within the United States in 2016.

Did you know?

In the United States, congenital cytomegalovirus causes one child to become disabled almost every hour. CMV is the leading preventable viral cause of development disability in newborns. These disabilities include hearing or vision loss, and cerebral palsy.

Did you know?

Malaria mortality rates are falling. Increased malaria prevention and control measures have greatly improved these rates. Since 2000, malaria mortality rates have fallen globally by 60% among all age groups, and by 65% among children under age 5.

Did you know?

The average older adult in the United States takes five prescription drugs per day. Half of these drugs contain a sedative. Alcohol should therefore be avoided by most senior citizens because of the dangerous interactions between alcohol and sedatives.

Did you know?

Automated pill dispensing systems have alarms to alert patients when the correct dosing time has arrived. Most systems work with many varieties of medications, so patients who are taking a variety of drugs can still be in control of their dose regimen.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library