This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Do you have any advice? a young woman asked. I'm eating lunch with my dad but he can't hear and he ... (Read 22 times)

karlynnae

Do you have any advice? a young woman asked. I'm eating lunch with my dad but he can't hear and he won't wear his hearing aid. Which of the following suggestions should be made by the nurse?

a. Encourage your dad to wear his hearing aidif only for you
  b. Find a very quiet place with good lighting and very little background noise for lunch
  c. Repeat yourself several times using exactly the same words and gestures
  d. Talk very loudly while facing him directly

Question 2

A nurse is on the treadmill exercising, when the woman next to her says, You're a nurse. Explain to me how the scale says I've lost weight, but my waist and tummy just keep getting larger. Which of the following would be the most appropriate response by

a. I'm concerned. You need to see your health care provider to follow up on this.
  b. Muscle weighs more than fat so you're creating muscle while losing fat, but it takes a while for the body to redistribute the weight.
  c. Tell me what you've been eating in the last week or so.
  d. You're running so you're strengthening your legs and thighs, but to lose around your tummy, you have to exercise your abdominal muscles.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

vboyd24

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
Suggestions include to find a quiet place to talk to help reduce background noise, especially in restaurants and social gatherings; stand in good lighting and use facial expressions or gestures to give clues; face the person and talk clearly; speak a little more loudly than normal, but do not shout; and repeat yourself if necessary, using different words.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
The most common sign of ovarian cancer is abdominal enlargement. A woman may complain that her skirts and slacks are getting tighter in the waist. Because ovarian cancer is a silent cancer that causes more deaths than any other pelvic malignancy, the woman needs to see her health care provider immediately for transvaginal ultrasonography and a blood test (CA-125). Thus, it is important to refer the woman to a healthcare provider and not try to minimize or rationalize the symptoms that she has reported.

karlynnae

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
Wow, this really help

Dominic

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

More than one-third of adult Americans are obese. Diseases that kill the largest number of people annually, such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes, stroke, and hypertension, can be attributed to diet.

Did you know?

Vampire bats have a natural anticoagulant in their saliva that permits continuous bleeding after they painlessly open a wound with their incisors. This capillary blood does not cause any significant blood loss to their victims.

Did you know?

The liver is the only organ that has the ability to regenerate itself after certain types of damage. As much as 25% of the liver can be removed, and it will still regenerate back to its original shape and size. However, the liver cannot regenerate after severe damage caused by alcohol.

Did you know?

Certain rare plants containing cyanide include apricot pits and a type of potato called cassava. Fortunately, only chronic or massive ingestion of any of these plants can lead to serious poisoning.

Did you know?

Throughout history, plants containing cardiac steroids have been used as heart drugs and as poisons (e.g., in arrows used in combat), emetics, and diuretics.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library