Author Question: My health problems are too much to handle, said an elderly woman at her annual clinical checkup. ... (Read 20 times)

tingc95

My health problems are too much to handle, said an elderly woman at her annual clinical checkup. What's most important for me to do? Which of the following would be the most appropriate response by the nurse?

a. Focus on eating properly and staying active.
  b. Get the shingles immunization along with your flu shot this year.
  c. Keep active mentallydo you do crossword puzzles or Sudoku puzzles?
  d. Stay involved with others. Do you ever go to the senior citizens center?

Question 2

Which of the following questions is crucial to ask very early in a family interview?

a. Do you see any way this problem could have been avoidedso future problems could be prevented?
  b. What do you all, as a famil,y hope to achieve during your time with me?
  c. What would you like me to do for you today?
  d. Would you like to know my perception of what our goals together should be?

janeli

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
Health care professionals must inform and educate elders about the benefits of health care screenings and examinations, physical activity and fitness, and good nutrition. As the woman was already getting an annual checkup, the nurse should stress nutrition and exercise.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
Therapeutic questions are key questions that the nurse uses to facilitate the interview. One important basic theme is to determine the family's expectations of the interview or home visit.