This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A principal called the school nurse into his office and asked, Will this student be able to attend ... (Read 30 times)

mia

A principal called the school nurse into his office and asked, Will this student be able to attend our school? after handing over the medical record of a severely handicapped prospective student.

A principal called the school nurse into his office and asked, Will this student be able to attend our school? after handing over the medical record of a severely handicapped prospective student. Which of the following would be the most appropriate response by the nurse?
  a.
  Legally all students have a right to public education in the least restrictive environment possible, so let me think how we can manage.
  b.
  The student clearly won't be comfortable here; other students can be so cruel. Let me talk to the student's family.
  c.
  There are schools that specialize in the care of the severely handicapped. Let me get in touch to see if one of those schools has the needed resources.
  d.
  This student is so handicapped there is no way to manage the needed care; the family needs a home schooling teacher.

Question 2

Which of the following medications can a school nurse expect to most frequently administer?

a. Analgesics and antipyretics
  b. Antibiotics
  c. Antitussives
  d. Anticonvulsants
  e. Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) medications

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

dellikani2015

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
In 1976, Public Law 99-142 was enacted, giving all students, including those who are severely handicapped, the right to public education in the least restrictive environment possible, regardless of mental or physical disabilities. The Education for All Handicapped Children Act of 1973 and the subsequent Individuals with Disabilities Education Act of 1990 enhanced the opportunities for children previously served in acute care and long-term care settings to have access to public education.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: E
Medications used to treat ADHD are the most commonly administered. Medications commonly given in schools include analgesics and antipyretics, antacids, antitussives, anticonvulsants, antiemetics and antidiarrheals, antifungals, antihistamines, and antibiotics.

mia

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

ecabral0

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Adolescents often feel clumsy during puberty because during this time of development, their hands and feet grow faster than their arms and legs do. The body is therefore out of proportion. One out of five adolescents actually experiences growing pains during this period.

Did you know?

Intradermal injections are somewhat difficult to correctly administer because the skin layers are so thin that it is easy to accidentally punch through to the deeper subcutaneous layer.

Did you know?

Asthma occurs in one in 11 children and in one in 12 adults. African Americans and Latinos have a higher risk for developing asthma than other groups.

Did you know?

Inotropic therapy does not have a role in the treatment of most heart failure patients. These drugs can make patients feel and function better but usually do not lengthen the predicted length of their lives.

Did you know?

According to the Migraine Research Foundation, migraines are the third most prevalent illness in the world. Women are most affected (18%), followed by children of both sexes (10%), and men (6%).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library