This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A researcher wanted to engage in the best possible research design to obtain reliable information ... (Read 164 times)

magmichele12

A researcher wanted to engage in the best possible research design to obtain reliable information about the possible cause(s) of a disease. Which of the following designs would the researcher choose?

a. Cross-sectional study
  b. Descriptive study
  c. Prospective study
  d. Retrospective study

Question 2

When handed the consent form to sign before treatment could be given, a client looked at the nurse and said, I'm sorry; I forgot my glasses today. Which of the following actions should be taken by the nurse?

a. Ask if the client can use a magnifying glass to better see the form
  b. Suggest the client bring his glasses or someone else with him to assist with the forms
  c. Tell the patient why the form was necessary and point to where the patient should sign
  d. Wonder if the patient might have difficulty with reading and therefore summarize the content of the form for the client

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

todom5090

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
The most advantageous research design, because it obtains more reliable information and can more easily establish a stronger temporal relationship between presumed causal factors and their effects, is a longitudinal cohort prospective study. A cross-sectional study examines relationships between potential causal factors and disease at a specific time. A descriptive study focuses on the amount and distribution of health and health problems within a population. A prospective study monitors a group of disease-free individuals to determine if and when disease occurs. A retrospective study compares individuals with a particular condition or disease with those who do not have the disease.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
The Institute of Medicine report related that millions of U.S. adults are unable to read and act on health instructions and messages. Among the recommendations is a need for clear communication with clients. Because the underlying issue may be reading, the other responses are not appropriate suggestions for this nurse-client interaction.

magmichele12

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
Excellent

Dinolord

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

The eye muscles are the most active muscles in the whole body. The external muscles that move the eyes are the strongest muscles in the human body for the job they have to do. They are 100 times more powerful than they need to be.

Did you know?

A recent study has found that following a diet rich in berries may slow down the aging process of the brain. This diet apparently helps to keep dopamine levels much higher than are seen in normal individuals who do not eat berries as a regular part of their diet as they enter their later years.

Did you know?

Today, nearly 8 out of 10 pregnant women living with HIV (about 1.1 million), receive antiretrovirals.

Did you know?

Only 12 hours after an egg cell is fertilized by a sperm cell, the egg cell starts to divide. As it continues to divide, it moves along the fallopian tube toward the uterus at about 1 inch per day.

Did you know?

Astigmatism is the most common vision problem. It may accompany nearsightedness or farsightedness. It is usually caused by an irregularly shaped cornea, but sometimes it is the result of an irregularly shaped lens. Either type can be corrected by eyeglasses, contact lenses, or refractive surgery.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library