This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A researcher wanted to engage in the best possible research design to obtain reliable information ... (Read 163 times)

magmichele12

A researcher wanted to engage in the best possible research design to obtain reliable information about the possible cause(s) of a disease. Which of the following designs would the researcher choose?

a. Cross-sectional study
  b. Descriptive study
  c. Prospective study
  d. Retrospective study

Question 2

When handed the consent form to sign before treatment could be given, a client looked at the nurse and said, I'm sorry; I forgot my glasses today. Which of the following actions should be taken by the nurse?

a. Ask if the client can use a magnifying glass to better see the form
  b. Suggest the client bring his glasses or someone else with him to assist with the forms
  c. Tell the patient why the form was necessary and point to where the patient should sign
  d. Wonder if the patient might have difficulty with reading and therefore summarize the content of the form for the client

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

todom5090

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
The most advantageous research design, because it obtains more reliable information and can more easily establish a stronger temporal relationship between presumed causal factors and their effects, is a longitudinal cohort prospective study. A cross-sectional study examines relationships between potential causal factors and disease at a specific time. A descriptive study focuses on the amount and distribution of health and health problems within a population. A prospective study monitors a group of disease-free individuals to determine if and when disease occurs. A retrospective study compares individuals with a particular condition or disease with those who do not have the disease.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
The Institute of Medicine report related that millions of U.S. adults are unable to read and act on health instructions and messages. Among the recommendations is a need for clear communication with clients. Because the underlying issue may be reading, the other responses are not appropriate suggestions for this nurse-client interaction.

magmichele12

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
:D TYSM

okolip

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

The most dangerous mercury compound, dimethyl mercury, is so toxic that even a few microliters spilled on the skin can cause death. Mercury has been shown to accumulate in higher amounts in the following types of fish than other types: swordfish, shark, mackerel, tilefish, crab, and tuna.

Did you know?

The calories found in one piece of cherry cheesecake could light a 60-watt light bulb for 1.5 hours.

Did you know?

The cure for trichomoniasis is easy as long as the patient does not drink alcoholic beverages for 24 hours. Just a single dose of medication is needed to rid the body of the disease. However, without proper precautions, an individual may contract the disease repeatedly. In fact, most people develop trichomoniasis again within three months of their last treatment.

Did you know?

After 5 years of being diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, one every three patients will no longer be able to work.

Did you know?

Certain topical medications such as clotrimazole and betamethasone are not approved for use in children younger than 12 years of age. They must be used very cautiously, as directed by a doctor, to treat any child. Children have a much greater response to topical steroid medications.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library