This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Charles, age 65, owns a paid-up 250,000 whole life policy on his own life. Charles is doing some ... (Read 39 times)

renzo156

Charles, age 65, owns a paid-up 250,000 whole life policy on his own life. Charles is doing some estate planning and would not like this policy to be included in his gross estate for federal estate tax purposes.

Which of the following statements is (are) true regarding the tax treatment of this policy?
  I. Charles can avoid having the policy proceeds included in his gross estate by naming his estate the beneficiary.
  II. If Charles makes an absolute assignment of the policy and dies more than three years later, the policy is not counted as part of his gross estate.
  A) I only
  B) II only
  C) both I and II
  D) neither I nor II

Question 2

Which of the following statements is (are) true with respect to annuities? I. Annuities are the opposite of life insurance. II. The fundamental purpose of annuities is to replace lost income in case of premature death.

A) I only
  B) II only
  C) both I and II
  D) neither I nor II

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ndhahbi

Answer to Question 1

Answer: B

Answer to Question 2

Answer: A

renzo156

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
:D TYSM

jomama

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Chronic necrotizing aspergillosis has a slowly progressive process that, unlike invasive aspergillosis, does not spread to other organ systems or the blood vessels. It most often affects middle-aged and elderly individuals, spreading to surrounding tissue in the lungs. The disease often does not respond to conventionally successful treatments, and requires individualized therapies in order to keep it from becoming life-threatening.

Did you know?

Congestive heart failure is a serious disorder that carries a reduced life expectancy. Heart failure is usually a chronic illness, and it may worsen with infection or other physical stressors.

Did you know?

Your heart beats over 36 million times a year.

Did you know?

Malaria mortality rates are falling. Increased malaria prevention and control measures have greatly improved these rates. Since 2000, malaria mortality rates have fallen globally by 60% among all age groups, and by 65% among children under age 5.

Did you know?

Aspirin may benefit 11 different cancers, including those of the colon, pancreas, lungs, prostate, breasts, and leukemia.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library