This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Charles, age 65, owns a paid-up 250,000 whole life policy on his own life. Charles is doing some ... (Read 40 times)

renzo156

Charles, age 65, owns a paid-up 250,000 whole life policy on his own life. Charles is doing some estate planning and would not like this policy to be included in his gross estate for federal estate tax purposes.

Which of the following statements is (are) true regarding the tax treatment of this policy?
  I. Charles can avoid having the policy proceeds included in his gross estate by naming his estate the beneficiary.
  II. If Charles makes an absolute assignment of the policy and dies more than three years later, the policy is not counted as part of his gross estate.
  A) I only
  B) II only
  C) both I and II
  D) neither I nor II

Question 2

Which of the following statements is (are) true with respect to annuities? I. Annuities are the opposite of life insurance. II. The fundamental purpose of annuities is to replace lost income in case of premature death.

A) I only
  B) II only
  C) both I and II
  D) neither I nor II

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ndhahbi

Answer to Question 1

Answer: B

Answer to Question 2

Answer: A

renzo156

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Excellent

juliaf

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

If you use artificial sweeteners, such as cyclamates, your eyes may be more sensitive to light. Other factors that will make your eyes more sensitive to light include use of antibiotics, oral contraceptives, hypertension medications, diuretics, and antidiabetic medications.

Did you know?

Certain chemicals, after ingestion, can be converted by the body into cyanide. Most of these chemicals have been removed from the market, but some old nail polish remover, solvents, and plastics manufacturing solutions can contain these substances.

Did you know?

Blood in the urine can be a sign of a kidney stone, glomerulonephritis, or other kidney problems.

Did you know?

In inpatient settings, adverse drug events account for an estimated one in three of all hospital adverse events. They affect approximately 2 million hospital stays every year, and prolong hospital stays by between one and five days.

Did you know?

The lipid bilayer is made of phospholipids. They are arranged in a double layer because one of their ends is attracted to water while the other is repelled by water.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library