This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A female patient's severe ear infection has resulted in tympanic membrane perforation. The patient's ... (Read 29 times)

humphriesbr@me.com

A female patient's severe ear infection has resulted in tympanic membrane perforation. The patient's care provider has concluded that surgical repair is unnecessary because the membrane is healing spontaneously.

What health education should the nurse emphasize to this patient?
  A) It is important to keep the ear canal dry until the membrane has healed.
  B) Half-strength hydrogen peroxide should be instilled into the ear once a day.
  C) The ear should be gently cleaned with a cotton swab once a day.
  D) Purulent drainage should be expected for the first week after the injury.

Question 2

A public health nurse is teaching a health class for the male students at the local high school and has been asked about testicular cancer. What points would be appropriate to emphasize?

A) Testicular cancer is a highly curable type of cancer.
  B) Testicular cancer is very difficult to diagnose.
  C) Testicular cancer is the number one cause of cancer deaths in males.
  D) Testicular cancer is more common in older men.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Jmfn03

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

A

humphriesbr@me.com

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Wow, this really help

triiciiaa

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Normal urine is sterile. It contains fluids, salts, and waste products. It is free of bacteria, viruses, and fungi.

Did you know?

Women are two-thirds more likely than men to develop irritable bowel syndrome. This may be attributable to hormonal changes related to their menstrual cycles.

Did you know?

It is believed that humans initially contracted crabs from gorillas about 3 million years ago from either sleeping in gorilla nests or eating the apes.

Did you know?

Less than one of every three adults with high LDL cholesterol has the condition under control. Only 48.1% with the condition are being treated for it.

Did you know?

Children with strabismus (crossed eyes) can be treated. They are not able to outgrow this condition on their own, but with help, it can be more easily corrected at a younger age. It is important for infants to have eye examinations as early as possible in their development and then another at age 2 years.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library