This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A community health nurse is conducting a home visit to a male patient who has Parkinson's disease ... (Read 77 times)

fbq8i

A community health nurse is conducting a home visit to a male patient who has Parkinson's disease (PD). The nurse has been working closely with the patient and his wife to prevent the many possible complications of the disease.

What recommendation should the nurse make to improve nutrition?
  A) Have the patient drink nutritional supplements in lieu of solid food
  B) Replace complex carbohydrates with simple carbohydrates
  C) Allot a large amount of time for each meal of the day
  D) Have the patient drink fluids before and after meals but not during meals

Question 2

A middle-aged woman has just received word that her recent diagnostic testing has resulted in a diagnosis of myasthenia gravis.

The nurse who is contributing to this woman's care should be aware that she is experiencing signs and symptoms that are the result of what pathophysiological process?
  A) Inadequate action of acetylcholine
  B) Nerve demyelination
  C) Decreased levels of dopamine
  D) Loss of upper and lower motor neurons

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

krakiolit

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

A

fbq8i

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Viet Thy

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Excessive alcohol use costs the country approximately $235 billion every year.

Did you know?

About 600,000 particles of skin are shed every hour by each human. If you live to age 70 years, you have shed 105 pounds of dead skin.

Did you know?

The B-complex vitamins and vitamin C are not stored in the body and must be replaced each day.

Did you know?

In 1885, the Lloyd Manufacturing Company of Albany, New York, promoted and sold "Cocaine Toothache Drops" at 15 cents per bottle! In 1914, the Harrison Narcotic Act brought the sale and distribution of this drug under federal control.

Did you know?

In Eastern Europe and Russia, interferon is administered intranasally in varied doses for the common cold and influenza. It is claimed that this treatment can lower the risk of infection by as much as 60–70%.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library