Author Question: A 55-year-old male patient has been admitted to the hospital with a gastrointestinal bleed, and the ... (Read 67 times)

burton19126

A 55-year-old male patient has been admitted to the hospital with a gastrointestinal bleed, and the patient has just experienced a generalized seizure that may be attributable to alcohol withdrawal.

When providing immediate care during the patient's seizure, what nursing diagnosis should be prioritized?
  A) Impaired gas exchange
  B) Acute pain
  C) Acute confusion
  D) Risk for impaired skin integrity

Question 2

Which of the following statements by patients should prompt the nurse to assess for potential failure of the adrenal cortex?

A) I'm always exhausted these days, and I never really feel like eating.
  B) Lately, I find that I'm more irritable and impatient than normal.
  C) The last little while I get numbness and tingling in my lips and fingers a lot.
  D) My thirst is almost insatiable these days, and my mouth always feels dry.

macmac

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

A

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Thyroid conditions cause a higher risk of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome.

Did you know?

The word drug comes from the Dutch word droog (meaning "dry"). For centuries, most drugs came from dried plants, hence the name.

Did you know?

The use of salicylates dates back 2,500 years to Hippocrates's recommendation of willow bark (from which a salicylate is derived) as an aid to the pains of childbirth. However, overdosage of salicylates can harm body fluids, electrolytes, the CNS, the GI tract, the ears, the lungs, the blood, the liver, and the kidneys and cause coma or death.

Did you know?

Every 10 seconds, a person in the United States goes to the emergency room complaining of head pain. About 1.2 million visits are for acute migraine attacks.

Did you know?

Always store hazardous household chemicals in their original containers out of reach of children. These include bleach, paint, strippers and products containing turpentine, garden chemicals, oven cleaners, fondue fuels, nail polish, and nail polish remover.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library