Author Question: The nurse provides discharge teaching to an older patient diagnosed with iron deficiency anemia. ... (Read 25 times)

lidoalex

The nurse provides discharge teaching to an older patient diagnosed with iron deficiency anemia. Which statement by the patient indicates additional instruction is needed?

1. I will take my ferrous sulfate tablet with my breakfast.
  2. I will take my ferrous sulfate tablet on an empty stomach.
  3. I will eat oatmeal for breakfast while I am taking my ferrous sulfate.
  4. I will increase my fluid intake while I am taking my ferrous sulfate.

Question 2

Risk factors for the development of diverticulosis have been found to include

A) increased intake of milk products.
  B) frequent use of laxatives.
  C) infection with H. pylori.
  D) a diet low in fiber.

jamesnevil303

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: To minimize gastrointestinal distress, ferrous sulfate should be taken with meals.

Answer to Question 2

D

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Common abbreviations that cause medication errors include U (unit), mg (milligram), QD (every day), SC (subcutaneous), TIW (three times per week), D/C (discharge or discontinue), HS (at bedtime or "hours of sleep"), cc (cubic centimeters), and AU (each ear).

Did you know?

Anti-aging claims should not ever be believed. There is no supplement, medication, or any other substance that has been proven to slow or stop the aging process.

Did you know?

Warfarin was developed as a consequence of the study of a strange bleeding disorder that suddenly occurred in cattle on the northern prairies of the United States in the early 1900s.

Did you know?

Hyperthyroidism leads to an increased rate of metabolism and affects about 1% of women but only 0.1% of men. For most people, this increased metabolic rate causes the thyroid gland to become enlarged (known as a goiter).

Did you know?

The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommends that all women age 65 years of age or older should be screened with bone densitometry.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library