Author Question: The nurse provides discharge teaching to an older patient diagnosed with iron deficiency anemia. ... (Read 26 times)

lidoalex

The nurse provides discharge teaching to an older patient diagnosed with iron deficiency anemia. Which statement by the patient indicates additional instruction is needed?

1. I will take my ferrous sulfate tablet with my breakfast.
  2. I will take my ferrous sulfate tablet on an empty stomach.
  3. I will eat oatmeal for breakfast while I am taking my ferrous sulfate.
  4. I will increase my fluid intake while I am taking my ferrous sulfate.

Question 2

Risk factors for the development of diverticulosis have been found to include

A) increased intake of milk products.
  B) frequent use of laxatives.
  C) infection with H. pylori.
  D) a diet low in fiber.

jamesnevil303

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: To minimize gastrointestinal distress, ferrous sulfate should be taken with meals.

Answer to Question 2

D