This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: After teaching the client with iron-deficiency anemia about iron supplementation, the nurse ... (Read 72 times)

ericka1

After teaching the client with iron-deficiency anemia about iron supplementation, the nurse determines the client understood when she says, I will:

1. See my stools turn dark green/black.
  2. Decrease fluid intake to 3-4 glasses a day.
  3. Eat more lettuce and cabbage.
  4. Get more rest and decrease my exercise.

Question 2

The LPN/LVN can assist in the evidence-based practice by participating in a _________-step process. Standard Text:

Fill in the blank(s) with correct word

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

carolinefletcherr

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: Iron supplements will cause the stools to turn a dark green/black color. Maintaining or even increasing fluid is important to maintain adequate fluid volumes and prevent constipation. Clients should eat foods rich in iron such as spinach, not lettuce and cabbage. Clients might require more rest, but there is no reason to decrease exercise.

Answer to Question 2

Four
Rationale : A four-step process is generally used in evidence-based practice.

ericka1

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

scikid

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

There are more sensory neurons in the tongue than in any other part of the body.

Did you know?

Colchicine is a highly poisonous alkaloid originally extracted from a type of saffron plant that is used mainly to treat gout.

Did you know?

The U.S. Pharmacopeia Medication Errors Reporting Program states that approximately 50% of all medication errors involve insulin.

Did you know?

Hyperthyroidism leads to an increased rate of metabolism and affects about 1% of women but only 0.1% of men. For most people, this increased metabolic rate causes the thyroid gland to become enlarged (known as a goiter).

Did you know?

Approximately 25% of all reported medication errors result from some kind of name confusion.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library