This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An older patient is prescribed topical capsaicin for joint pain. What should the nurse instruct the ... (Read 48 times)

ishan

An older patient is prescribed topical capsaicin for joint pain. What should the nurse instruct the patient about the use of this medication? Standard Text: Select all that apply.

1. Avoid getting the medication in the eyes.
  2. This medication will react with other medications.
  3. It will cause a burning sensation when first applied.
  4. Do not permit the medication to touch an open wound.
  5. The burning sensation will decrease with subsequent uses.

Question 2

A client discusses with the nurse her fears of having sleep apnea. Which of the following statements made by the client is suggestive of sleep apnea?

A) My legs jump and feel tingly off and on during the night.
  B) I wake up and feel as if I have been choking.
  C) I have a great deal of difficulty falling asleep every night.
  D) I have to sleep on at least three pillows every night.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

wilsonbho

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: The patient should be instructed to avoid getting capsaicin in the eyes as this will cause burning.

Answer to Question 2

B

ishan

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Gracias!

amcvicar

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Asthma-like symptoms were first recorded about 3,500 years ago in Egypt. The first manuscript specifically written about asthma was in the year 1190, describing a condition characterized by sudden breathlessness. The treatments listed in this manuscript include chicken soup, herbs, and sexual abstinence.

Did you know?

Since 1988, the CDC has reported a 99% reduction in bacterial meningitis caused by Haemophilus influenzae, due to the introduction of the vaccine against it.

Did you know?

Eat fiber! A diet high in fiber can help lower cholesterol levels by as much as 10%.

Did you know?

The term pharmacology is derived from the Greek words pharmakon("claim, medicine, poison, or remedy") and logos ("study").

Did you know?

People with high total cholesterol have about two times the risk for heart disease as people with ideal levels.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library