This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An older person presents in the emergency with symptoms such as tachycardia, shortness of breath, ... (Read 43 times)

Chloeellawright

An older person presents in the emergency with symptoms such as tachycardia, shortness of breath, light-headedness, and trembling. Having ruled out any physical causes, what might be the most likely discharge diagnosis seen on the chart?

a. generalized anxiety disorder
  b. panic attack/panic disorder
  c. delirium
  d. depression

Question 2

A nursing instructor is discussing dehydration risks in the older adult with a student nurse. What response by the student indicates that the student needs further education?

A) I will offer my client a drink of water every time I enter the client's room.
  B) I will administer my client's furosemide (Lasix) with the evening meal.
  C) I will administer my client's furosemide (Lasix) with breakfast.
  D) I will ensure that fresh water is available to my client.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

underwood14

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

B

Chloeellawright

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

raenoj

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Serum cholesterol testing in adults is recommended every 1 to 5 years. People with diabetes and a family history of high cholesterol should be tested even more frequently.

Did you know?

Medication errors are more common among seriously ill patients than with those with minor conditions.

Did you know?

Every 10 seconds, a person in the United States goes to the emergency room complaining of head pain. About 1.2 million visits are for acute migraine attacks.

Did you know?

Stevens-Johnson syndrome and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis syndrome are life-threatening reactions that can result in death. Complications include permanent blindness, dry-eye syndrome, lung damage, photophobia, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, permanent loss of nail beds, scarring of mucous membranes, arthritis, and chronic fatigue syndrome. Many patients' pores scar shut, causing them to retain heat.

Did you know?

This year, an estimated 1.4 million Americans will have a new or recurrent heart attack.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library