This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An older person presents in the emergency with symptoms such as tachycardia, shortness of breath, ... (Read 45 times)

Chloeellawright

An older person presents in the emergency with symptoms such as tachycardia, shortness of breath, light-headedness, and trembling. Having ruled out any physical causes, what might be the most likely discharge diagnosis seen on the chart?

a. generalized anxiety disorder
  b. panic attack/panic disorder
  c. delirium
  d. depression

Question 2

A nursing instructor is discussing dehydration risks in the older adult with a student nurse. What response by the student indicates that the student needs further education?

A) I will offer my client a drink of water every time I enter the client's room.
  B) I will administer my client's furosemide (Lasix) with the evening meal.
  C) I will administer my client's furosemide (Lasix) with breakfast.
  D) I will ensure that fresh water is available to my client.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

underwood14

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

B

Chloeellawright

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

blakcmamba

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Nitroglycerin is used to alleviate various heart-related conditions, and it is also the chief component of dynamite (but mixed in a solid clay base to stabilize it).

Did you know?

Lower drug doses for elderly patients should be used first, with titrations of the dose as tolerated to prevent unwanted drug-related pharmacodynamic effects.

Did you know?

It is widely believed that giving a daily oral dose of aspirin to heart attack patients improves their chances of survival because the aspirin blocks the formation of new blood clots.

Did you know?

The toxic levels for lithium carbonate are close to the therapeutic levels. Signs of toxicity include fine hand tremor, polyuria, mild thirst, nausea, general discomfort, diarrhea, vomiting, drowsiness, muscular weakness, lack of coordination, ataxia, giddiness, tinnitus, and blurred vision.

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was originally known as the Communicable Disease Center, which was formed to fight malaria. It was originally headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, since the Southern states faced the worst threat from malaria.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library