This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A long-term care nurse is caring for a newly admitted Jewish client. In reviewing the client's ... (Read 36 times)

kwoodring

A long-term care nurse is caring for a newly admitted Jewish client. In reviewing the client's records, the nurse notes that the client has refused her meals since she was admitted 3 days ago.

What would be the most appropriate intervention for the nurse to complete first?
  A) Notify the physician.
  B) Request for the dietitian to evaluate the client.
  C) Call the client's family and ask them to bring in food from home for the client.
  D) Speak to the client to see why she is not eating.

Question 2

Of the following nursing interventions, which would be least appropriate for a person in rehabilitation post-stroke who states I just can't believe this happened to me. I can't wait for this to be over so I can go back to my normal life?

a. teach all of the information the person will need to know to adapt to life after stroke
  b. provide reassurance and emotional support
  c. provide essential information, but avoid teaching at this stage
  d. provide direct care, ensure safety, and involve the family

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

apple

Answer to Question 1

D

Answer to Question 2

A

kwoodring

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Wow, this really help

Jsherida

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

The U.S. Pharmacopeia Medication Errors Reporting Program states that approximately 50% of all medication errors involve insulin.

Did you know?

Patients should never assume they are being given the appropriate drugs. They should make sure they know which drugs are being prescribed, and always double-check that the drugs received match the prescription.

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

Did you know?

If all the neurons in the human body were lined up, they would stretch more than 600 miles.

Did you know?

Signs of depression include feeling sad most of the time for 2 weeks or longer; loss of interest in things normally enjoyed; lack of energy; sleep and appetite disturbances; weight changes; feelings of hopelessness, helplessness, or worthlessness; an inability to make decisions; and thoughts of death and suicide.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library