This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A long-term care nurse is caring for a newly admitted Jewish client. In reviewing the client's ... (Read 37 times)

kwoodring

A long-term care nurse is caring for a newly admitted Jewish client. In reviewing the client's records, the nurse notes that the client has refused her meals since she was admitted 3 days ago.

What would be the most appropriate intervention for the nurse to complete first?
  A) Notify the physician.
  B) Request for the dietitian to evaluate the client.
  C) Call the client's family and ask them to bring in food from home for the client.
  D) Speak to the client to see why she is not eating.

Question 2

Of the following nursing interventions, which would be least appropriate for a person in rehabilitation post-stroke who states I just can't believe this happened to me. I can't wait for this to be over so I can go back to my normal life?

a. teach all of the information the person will need to know to adapt to life after stroke
  b. provide reassurance and emotional support
  c. provide essential information, but avoid teaching at this stage
  d. provide direct care, ensure safety, and involve the family

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

apple

Answer to Question 1

D

Answer to Question 2

A

kwoodring

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

xthemafja

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Despite claims by manufacturers, the supplement known as Ginkgo biloba was shown in a study of more than 3,000 participants to be ineffective in reducing development of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease in older people.

Did you know?

The most common childhood diseases include croup, chickenpox, ear infections, flu, pneumonia, ringworm, respiratory syncytial virus, scabies, head lice, and asthma.

Did you know?

Approximately one in three babies in the United States is now delivered by cesarean section. The number of cesarean sections in the United States has risen 46% since 1996.

Did you know?

Certain rare plants containing cyanide include apricot pits and a type of potato called cassava. Fortunately, only chronic or massive ingestion of any of these plants can lead to serious poisoning.

Did you know?

Chronic necrotizing aspergillosis has a slowly progressive process that, unlike invasive aspergillosis, does not spread to other organ systems or the blood vessels. It most often affects middle-aged and elderly individuals, spreading to surrounding tissue in the lungs. The disease often does not respond to conventionally successful treatments, and requires individualized therapies in order to keep it from becoming life-threatening.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library