This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An older patient has an elevated blood urea nitrogen (BUN) level, but the creatinine clearance is ... (Read 37 times)

savannahhooper

An older patient has an elevated blood urea nitrogen (BUN) level, but the creatinine clearance is within normal limits. The nurse notes that the patient's appetite has been poor the past few days.

What should the nurse do about these laboratory findings? 1. Assess urine output.
  2. Inform the physician of the BUN result.
  3. Assess intake and output and dietary intake of protein.
  4. Monitor for medication side effects related to decreased excretion by the kidneys.

Question 2

A nurse is has just finished giving a presentation for her peers regarding cultural sensitivity. Which statement by a peer would indicate a need for further education?

A) I will address all of my clients by their last name until they give me permission to call them by their first name.
  B) I need to introduce myself and state my role to a client when I first meet the client.
  C) I will never ask clients about their culture; I don't want to offend them.
  D) I will show respect for the client's support people. I understand that in some cultures individuals don't make their own healthcare decisions.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ririgirl15

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: Urine output alone would not provide enough information related to the patient's hydration status.

Answer to Question 2

C

savannahhooper

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
:D TYSM

matt95

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

The lipid bilayer is made of phospholipids. They are arranged in a double layer because one of their ends is attracted to water while the other is repelled by water.

Did you know?

Although the Roman numeral for the number 4 has always been taught to have been "IV," according to historians, the ancient Romans probably used "IIII" most of the time. This is partially backed up by the fact that early grandfather clocks displayed IIII for the number 4 instead of IV. Early clockmakers apparently thought that the IIII balanced out the VIII (used for the number 8) on the clock face and that it just looked better.

Did you know?

The term bacteria was devised in the 19th century by German biologist Ferdinand Cohn. He based it on the Greek word "bakterion" meaning a small rod or staff. Cohn is considered to be the father of modern bacteriology.

Did you know?

Women are 50% to 75% more likely than men to experience an adverse drug reaction.

Did you know?

Fatal fungal infections may be able to resist newer antifungal drugs. Globally, fungal infections are often fatal due to the lack of access to multiple antifungals, which may be required to be utilized in combination. Single antifungals may not be enough to stop a fungal infection from causing the death of a patient.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library