This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient, age 78, has been admitted to the hospital with dehydration and electrolyte imbalance. She ... (Read 38 times)

fbq8i

A patient, age 78, has been admitted to the hospital with dehydration and electrolyte imbalance. She is confused and incontinent of urine on admission. Which nursing intervention does the nurse include in developing a plan of care?

a. Restrict fluids after the evening meal.
  b. Insert an indwelling catheter.
  c. Assist the patient to the bathroom every 2 hours.
  d. Apply absorbent incontinence pads.

Question 2

The school health nurse is presenting a health promotion class to a group of middle-school students. Which is the best intervention to address health promotion strategies related to the leading cause of cancer deaths in North America?

A) Monthly self-breast exams
  B) Smoking cessation
  C) Annual colonoscopies
  D) Monthly testicular exams

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

tkempin

Answer to Question 1

D
Use of protective undergarments may help to keep the patient and the patient's clothing dry. Confused patients are high risk for falls. Restricting fluids will only decrease incontinence during the night and will exacerbate the dehydration and electrolyte imbalance.

Answer to Question 2

B

fbq8i

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

mochi09

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Cyanide works by making the human body unable to use oxygen.

Did you know?

The shortest mature adult human of whom there is independent evidence was Gul Mohammed in India. In 1990, he was measured in New Delhi and stood 22.5 inches tall.

Did you know?

Limit intake of red meat and dairy products made with whole milk. Choose skim milk, low-fat or fat-free dairy products. Limit fried food. Use healthy oils when cooking.

Did you know?

Asthma occurs in one in 11 children and in one in 12 adults. African Americans and Latinos have a higher risk for developing asthma than other groups.

Did you know?

Children with strabismus (crossed eyes) can be treated. They are not able to outgrow this condition on their own, but with help, it can be more easily corrected at a younger age. It is important for infants to have eye examinations as early as possible in their development and then another at age 2 years.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library