This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A 36-year-old man who has chewed tobacco since he was a teenager is having a discussion about this ... (Read 10 times)

armygirl

A 36-year-old man who has chewed tobacco since he was a teenager is having a discussion about this habit with his nurse practitioner. What statement would suggest that the man is in the contemplation stage of change?

A) I know I have to quit, and I'm sure that I will at some point.
  B) From what I've seen, chewing is a lot better for you than smoking.
  C) You can say what you want, but I just can't see myself kicking the habit.
  D) I know it's bad for me, and I'm going to quit at the end of the month.

Question 2

Older people are subject to a long list of complications from diabetes, so the disease must be strictly managed. Which of the following statements is true about diabetes and its complications?

A) Hyperglycemia is associated with anxiety and insomnia.
  B) Unmanaged hyperglycemia can cause tachycardia and heart arrhythmias.
  C) Ketoacidosis can cause gangrene in the limbs and lead to eventual amputation.
  D) Diabetes can eventually damage nearly every body system.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

JCABRERA33

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

D
By affecting metabolism and the elimination of toxic compounds from the body, diabetes eventually can damage every body system.

armygirl

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

bbburns21

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

There are immediate benefits of chiropractic adjustments that are visible via magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). It shows that spinal manipulation therapy is effective in decreasing pain and increasing the gaps between the vertebrae, reducing pressure that leads to pain.

Did you know?

As many as 20% of Americans have been infected by the fungus known as Histoplasmosis. While most people are asymptomatic or only have slight symptoms, infection can progress to a rapid and potentially fatal superinfection.

Did you know?

Chronic necrotizing aspergillosis has a slowly progressive process that, unlike invasive aspergillosis, does not spread to other organ systems or the blood vessels. It most often affects middle-aged and elderly individuals, spreading to surrounding tissue in the lungs. The disease often does not respond to conventionally successful treatments, and requires individualized therapies in order to keep it from becoming life-threatening.

Did you know?

Though newer “smart” infusion pumps are increasingly becoming more sophisticated, they cannot prevent all programming and administration errors. Health care professionals that use smart infusion pumps must still practice the rights of medication administration and have other professionals double-check all high-risk infusions.

Did you know?

Interferon was scarce and expensive until 1980, when the interferon gene was inserted into bacteria using recombinant DNA technology, allowing for mass cultivation and purification from bacterial cultures.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library