This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The patient informs the hospice nurse, I'm not sold on this hospice thing. I'm not looking for ... (Read 19 times)

MGLQZ

The patient informs the hospice nurse, I'm not sold on this hospice thing. I'm not looking for Jesus, I'm just dying. The most therapeutic response by the nurse would be:

a. Spiritualism is as you define it.
  b. Rejecting the spiritual aspect of yourself may not be in your best interest.
  c. Hospice service is about how to make your remaining time meaningful.
  d. Based on what you say, hospice service may not answer your needs.

Question 2

The new mother calls the nurse to her room to show how her baby is jerking around when she changes his position. The nurse explains that this response is the normal:

a. traction reflex.
  b. Babinski reflex.
  c. tonic neck reflex.
  d. Moro reflex.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

alexisweber49

Answer to Question 1

C
The holistic approach of hospice pertains to the total patient care including physical, emotional, social, economic, and spiritual needs of the patient with no particular emphasis on any one of those aspects.

Answer to Question 2

D
The Moro reflex (startle reflex) causes the baby to abduct the extremities and fan the fingers with the thumb and index fingers making a C shape followed by flexion and adduction of the extremities.

MGLQZ

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Wow, this really help

kthug

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

About 60% of newborn infants in the United States are jaundiced; that is, they look yellow. Kernicterus is a form of brain damage caused by excessive jaundice. When babies begin to be affected by excessive jaundice and begin to have brain damage, they become excessively lethargic.

Did you know?

Multiple experimental evidences have confirmed that at the molecular level, cancer is caused by lesions in cellular DNA.

Did you know?

Hypertension is a silent killer because it is deadly and has no significant early symptoms. The danger from hypertension is the extra load on the heart, which can lead to hypertensive heart disease and kidney damage. This occurs without any major symptoms until the high blood pressure becomes extreme. Regular blood pressure checks are an important method of catching hypertension before it can kill you.

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

Did you know?

Vaccines cause herd immunity. If the majority of people in a community have been vaccinated against a disease, an unvaccinated person is less likely to get the disease since others are less likely to become sick from it and spread the disease.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library