This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The patient informs the hospice nurse, I'm not sold on this hospice thing. I'm not looking for ... (Read 20 times)

MGLQZ

The patient informs the hospice nurse, I'm not sold on this hospice thing. I'm not looking for Jesus, I'm just dying. The most therapeutic response by the nurse would be:

a. Spiritualism is as you define it.
  b. Rejecting the spiritual aspect of yourself may not be in your best interest.
  c. Hospice service is about how to make your remaining time meaningful.
  d. Based on what you say, hospice service may not answer your needs.

Question 2

The new mother calls the nurse to her room to show how her baby is jerking around when she changes his position. The nurse explains that this response is the normal:

a. traction reflex.
  b. Babinski reflex.
  c. tonic neck reflex.
  d. Moro reflex.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

alexisweber49

Answer to Question 1

C
The holistic approach of hospice pertains to the total patient care including physical, emotional, social, economic, and spiritual needs of the patient with no particular emphasis on any one of those aspects.

Answer to Question 2

D
The Moro reflex (startle reflex) causes the baby to abduct the extremities and fan the fingers with the thumb and index fingers making a C shape followed by flexion and adduction of the extremities.

MGLQZ

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Gracias!

chereeb

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Amphetamine poisoning can cause intravascular coagulation, circulatory collapse, rhabdomyolysis, ischemic colitis, acute psychosis, hyperthermia, respiratory distress syndrome, and pericarditis.

Did you know?

Nitroglycerin is used to alleviate various heart-related conditions, and it is also the chief component of dynamite (but mixed in a solid clay base to stabilize it).

Did you know?

According to research, pregnant women tend to eat more if carrying a baby boy. Male fetuses may secrete a chemical that stimulates their mothers to step up her energy intake.

Did you know?

Drying your hands with a paper towel will reduce the bacterial count on your hands by 45–60%.

Did you know?

When intravenous medications are involved in adverse drug events, their harmful effects may occur more rapidly, and be more severe than errors with oral medications. This is due to the direct administration into the bloodstream.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library