This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A grieving young widow cries out, Why was my husband killed? Why wasn't it me? The best response ... (Read 22 times)

Lisaclaire

A grieving young widow cries out, Why was my husband killed? Why wasn't it me? The best response from the nurse would be:

a. stating You need to be strong for your children.
  b. silently placing her hand on the widow's arm.
  c. asking if there is anyone the widow needs to have notified.
  d. stating You are feeling overwhelmed about your husband's death.

Question 2

If the nurse makes an error while documenting in a patient's chart, the nurse should:

a. scratch out the error.
  b. apply correction fluid.
  c. erase the error completely.
  d. draw a single line through the error.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

morganmarie791

Answer to Question 1

B
The ability to listen and assist those who are newly grieving through the use of silence and a quiet presence is very effective. Stating You need to be strong for your children. is a clich. Asking if there is anyone the widow needs to have notified and stating You are feeling overwhelmed about your husband's death. are not therapeutic in this immediate grieving time.

Answer to Question 2

D
A nurse should not erase, apply correction fluid, or scratch out errors made while recording in a patient's chart. Instead, the nurse should draw a single line through the error, write the word error above it, and sign her name or initials.

Lisaclaire

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

triiciiaa

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Carbamazepine can interfere with the results of home pregnancy tests. If you are taking carbamazepine, do not try to test for pregnancy at home.

Did you know?

Blood is approximately twice as thick as water because of the cells and other components found in it.

Did you know?

A cataract is a clouding of the eyes' natural lens. As we age, some clouding of the lens may occur. The first sign of a cataract is usually blurry vision. Although glasses and other visual aids may at first help a person with cataracts, surgery may become inevitable. Cataract surgery is very successful in restoring vision, and it is the most frequently performed surgery in the United States.

Did you know?

Street names for barbiturates include reds, red devils, yellow jackets, blue heavens, Christmas trees, and rainbows. They are commonly referred to as downers.

Did you know?

More than 150,000 Americans killed by cardiovascular disease are younger than the age of 65 years.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library