This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A grieving young widow cries out, Why was my husband killed? Why wasn't it me? The best response ... (Read 23 times)

Lisaclaire

A grieving young widow cries out, Why was my husband killed? Why wasn't it me? The best response from the nurse would be:

a. stating You need to be strong for your children.
  b. silently placing her hand on the widow's arm.
  c. asking if there is anyone the widow needs to have notified.
  d. stating You are feeling overwhelmed about your husband's death.

Question 2

If the nurse makes an error while documenting in a patient's chart, the nurse should:

a. scratch out the error.
  b. apply correction fluid.
  c. erase the error completely.
  d. draw a single line through the error.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

morganmarie791

Answer to Question 1

B
The ability to listen and assist those who are newly grieving through the use of silence and a quiet presence is very effective. Stating You need to be strong for your children. is a clich. Asking if there is anyone the widow needs to have notified and stating You are feeling overwhelmed about your husband's death. are not therapeutic in this immediate grieving time.

Answer to Question 2

D
A nurse should not erase, apply correction fluid, or scratch out errors made while recording in a patient's chart. Instead, the nurse should draw a single line through the error, write the word error above it, and sign her name or initials.

Lisaclaire

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

jojobee318

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

It is difficult to obtain enough calcium without consuming milk or other dairy foods.

Did you know?

Signs and symptoms that may signify an eye tumor include general blurred vision, bulging eye(s), double vision, a sensation of a foreign body in the eye(s), iris defects, limited ability to move the eyelid(s), limited ability to move the eye(s), pain or discomfort in or around the eyes or eyelids, red or pink eyes, white or cloud spots on the eye(s), colored spots on the eyelid(s), swelling around the eyes, swollen eyelid(s), and general vision loss.

Did you know?

Nearly all drugs pass into human breast milk. How often a drug is taken influences the amount of drug that will pass into the milk. Medications taken 30 to 60 minutes before breastfeeding are likely to be at peak blood levels when the baby is nursing.

Did you know?

The B-complex vitamins and vitamin C are not stored in the body and must be replaced each day.

Did you know?

The top five reasons that children stay home from school are as follows: colds, stomach flu (gastroenteritis), ear infection (otitis media), pink eye (conjunctivitis), and sore throat.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library