This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse interviews an older adult with pulmonary disease. The client states, I worked hard all my ... (Read 24 times)

SO00

A nurse interviews an older adult with pulmonary disease. The client states, I worked hard all my life in the shipyard, I provided for my family. I never smoked, why did I get this disease? Which response by the nurse is best?

A) It is a good thing that you never smoked.
  B) Pulmonary disease can happen to anyone.
  C) The work in the shipyard put you at risk.
  D) You feel like you are being punished

Question 2

A nurse assesses older adults at a pulmonary clinic. Which of the following questions might best assist identify those at risk for pulmonary disorders?

A) Do any of your children smoke?
  B) In what state did you grow up?
  C) What type of job did you have?
  D) Where do you exercise?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Brummell1998

Answer to Question 1

Ans: C
Shipyard work is a job category that is associated with an increased risk of respiratory disease. Caring responses give information and are directly related to the client's issue (and smoking is not). The client does not directly imply he feels punished.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: C
Some job categories are associated with an increased risk of respiratory disease. Children who smoke do not imply that secondhand smoke occurs. While location does correlate with the percent of smokers, it is not as helpful in identification of those with pulmonary disorders; nor is where a person exercises.

SO00

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

parshano

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

After a vasectomy, it takes about 12 ejaculations to clear out sperm that were already beyond the blocked area.

Did you know?

All adverse reactions are commonly charted in red ink in the patient's record and usually are noted on the front of the chart. Failure to follow correct documentation procedures may result in malpractice lawsuits.

Did you know?

The liver is the only organ that has the ability to regenerate itself after certain types of damage. As much as 25% of the liver can be removed, and it will still regenerate back to its original shape and size. However, the liver cannot regenerate after severe damage caused by alcohol.

Did you know?

The longest a person has survived after a heart transplant is 24 years.

Did you know?

A good example of polar molecules can be understood when trying to make a cake. If water and oil are required, they will not mix together. If you put them into a measuring cup, the oil will rise to the top while the water remains on the bottom.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library