Author Question: A community nurse develops wellness outcomes for those at highest risk for poor management of ... (Read 38 times)

jwb375

A community nurse develops wellness outcomes for those at highest risk for poor management of cardiovascular disease. Which of the following populations should the nurse target?

A) African American woman
  B) Hindu men
  C) Immigrant Indian population
  D) Mentally ill persons

Question 2

A nurse assesses an older adult for dietary habits. Which of the following statements by the client should the nurse identify as a positive dietary habit for cardiovascular functioning?

A) I avoid meat, and eat nuts instead.
  B) I don't eat vegetables.
  C) I drink 4 glasses of wine a day.
  D) I limit my salt to 3,500 grams per day.

l.stuut

Answer to Question 1

Ans: A
Poor people, women, and African Americans have more health disparities based on risk factors and poor health management. American Indians and Alaskan natives have the highest prevalence by population. Religion is not a diversity factor, nor is mental illness.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: A
Heart-healthy diets include high intake of nuts, fish, fruits, vegetables, and fiber-rich whole grains, less than 1,500 mg of sodium a day, and fruits and vegetables that are rich in essential nutrients, including antioxidants. Excessive use of alcoholic beverages increases the risk.